Re: [orca-list] Mate notifications

CTRL ALT plus escape to  jump up or down to the panels. Once there, use arrow keys to move through the menus.
It's the upper panel you want.

CTRL ALT plus D to go back to the desktop.

I don't know of a direct way to access notifications by a key command. I hope this helps out though. Only
just discovered it recently myself and its made my movement around the desktop a lot better than clicking
randomly at the upper part of the screen.