Re: [orca-list] making Linux a hospitable place for TTS engines like Voxin

Samuel Thibault, le lun. 01 mars 2021 01:08:30 +0100, a ecrit:
Samuel Thibault, le lun. 21 déc. 2020 19:59:02 +0100, a ecrit:
I have pushed what I have so far in the main-loop branch.  I basically
reimplemented the module protocol with an MIT licence, which allowed
to separate out the protocol parsing from the dotconf parameter
management etc. The idea being that proprietary modules can link
against that implementation to make it easy for them to create a
speech-dispatcher module.

I have finished that part and pushed to master.

I don't think that quite works right now.  For example, the BEGIN message is
not sent to Orca until module_speak returns,

Yes, that's one of the things I plan to fix.

This is now fixed in the module_speak_sync variant, which is supposed to
call module_report_event_begin/end itself.

I have finished an implementation of server-side audio.  I have updated
the flite module to use it, this makes it vastly simpler.

Could people try the git version of speech-dispatcher with the flite
module, to check that they are not getting hangs etc.?

Samuel