Re: [orca-list] Pluginsystem for Orca using libpeas

Hey Chrys.

About to run out the door, but regarding this:

well, but what comes to my mind, if we wanna do this, how should we
behave in development?
sending every single patch for an huge undertaking like that could be
huge overhead for you to review. whats the best way here?
or should i continue my branch on github ( i can give you write
access
changes back then? just asking, because it might require a lot of
changes in height frequency.
what do you think?

I definitely don't want a zillion patches. And I think we'll want to do
it in logical chunks which then get merged as a single commit, or maybe
a few.

I think the first set should be things like simple user commands. Leave
the hello worlds and moving of screen reader messages out of the
picture for now.  I think a good first set would be:

* date-time: two keybindings and one (I think) setting
* clipboard: one keybinding I assume, and maybe no settings?
* notifications list: which is more or less a mode once invoked
* mouse review: which needs to listen for events and sometimes know
something about where the object came from (e.g. Gecko).

I think/hope implementing/converting those into libpeas plugins should
give you the opportunity to discover things you might not have
considered and to figure out solutions. Because something I would like
to avoid is landing a bunch of changes and then going "oops" that won't
work. :)

Once those are fully functioning locally (your repo), then let's see
how ginormous a change it is and decide if we should merge it upstream
as a single commit, or broken up into a few.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again!
--joanie