Re: [orca-list] mattermost, ubuntu mate 20.04, and accessibility.

Hi,

I just tested this on my arch (with mate) computer.

It seems that Mattermost is running on a pretty old version of Electron (7.0). However, on the latest and greatest Orca (40.0) and the latest bleeding-edge version of Mattermost built from source via the Arch user repository, I can get Mattermost to present an accessible interface.

You do have to pass --force-renderer-accessibility on the command line.

It sounds like you might need to be running versions newer than what Ubuntu offers. Perhaps consider building Mattermost and Orca from source, or switch to Arch (or an Arch based distribution).

Kind regards,

Jordan.

On 2021-06-02 10:29 a.m., Norman King wrote:
Hi all.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my install of ubuntu mate 20.04, orca, or the mattermost app. I can get other electron apps to work like bitwarden and brave, but not mattermost. I did put the --force-renderer-accessibility flag into the shortcut.

My ubuntu mate install is close to stock, no custom builds of orca, ETC.

I'm almost sure i had it working at one point but for the life of me don't know what i'm doing wrong now. Could anyone test this out and let me know if your results are the same as mine? You can download theĀ  mattermost deb package here.

https://github.com/mattermost/desktop/releases/tag/v4.6.2

You don't need a server to test this, i can't even enter the server options.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what i might be missing?