Re: [orca-list] Orca 40.1: no speech in keypass2

Hi Pranav,

first of all, just to assure we are talking about the same thing, I
guess you mean KeePass password manager (written with two E)?

The thing is, KeePass2 uses WindowsForms for its gui, which is not
accessible on Linux.

There were some efforts to create a msuia2atk bridge, and it has even
worked at the time it seems, but now, at least I was not able to get it
working on modern systems.

However, in case of KeePass, it's not a big issue. Just use the XC version:

https://keepassxc.org/

which is fully accessible due to GTK being used for the environment and
which is by the way also recommended as the default KeePass choice by
privacytools.io.

You can either install it from the repository of your distribution
(although they'll most likely not be uptodate with the versioning), or
you can download their AppImage and simply run it.

They have also their own repository which you can use to get updates,
although in case of password managers, at least I prefer to do the work
kind of manually to prevent malicious updates from causing a damage.

Running the program in a sandbox with no Internet access is also a good
way to secure things, but that's another topic I guess.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 2. 7. 2021 o 18:21 pranav techesoterica com napísal(a):
Hi all,

I have installed keypass2 because that is my password manager on windows.
Sudo apt install -y keypass2

When I launch it, orca does not give any speech output. It used to give
output earlier.

Orca version = 40.1.

I have installed orca from source.
Pranav