Re: [orca-list] Trouble Getting Orca Working On Skywave

On 26/1/21 11:42 am, Glenn K0LNY wrote:
When I installed onto a thumb drive, I got as far as getting espeak to say something, but spd-say hasn't worked.
This is on a VmWare session.
I've done apt update and apt install gnome-orca and apt install speech-dispatcher and apt install alsa-base pulseaudio and apt install speakup.

Did all of those package installations succeed?

Also, you said the distribution was Ubuntu-based. It might be easier to install Ubuntu and then add whatever packages you need than to deal with whatever customizations this distribution has made.