[orca-list] Orca strange behavior in Ubuntu and RPi

Hello,

I would like to inform you about some curious behavior of sound in Ubuntu Mate 20.04 in Raspberry Pi 4B 4 GB and 2 GB.

If you don't like workarounds, this is not for you, (smile).

I and my friend Libor have to use external sound card if we wanted to use Ubuntu. Libor found this curious behavior on Sunday. He allowed internal sound card and restarted computer. The system loaded loudly and sometimes volumed down a few percents, but not muted and Orca had sore throat. Libor turned Orca off and played some music with VLC for minute or two, better is two minutes in his 2 GB RPi. In my Raspberry Pi 4 GB it didn't work, but he found, due I have many profiles in Orca, I have to play music over four minutes. but at the end of the music, we turned Orca on again and we can use it without Orca's sore throats. It's really interresting. Why is this? During music play the sound is up, sometimes down like if you have problems with your cassette. But now Ubuntu is quicker and my RPi isn't so hot like with external sound card.

Best regards

Vojta.