Re: [orca-list] [Announce] A new Slint ISO is available with an accessible and a beginner friendly installer

Hi, all!

I'm running a Slint that resulted from the automatic install from the latest .iso.  When you boot the iso, you'll get a series of tones, if you're using efi, or a single tone, if in legacy.  I hit 'enter', at this point, since I don't need to enter any kernel parameters.  When the image is booted, I got a spoken message about the installer having braille and speech support.  Since this machine has two sound cards, I was asked to select the one from which I was hearing speech.  Note:  at this point, and throughout the installation, you're in console mode, and using espeakup.  When the root session started, I typed "auto", and followed the instructions and prompts, from there.  In this case, I chose to encrypt my drive, and, I'm delighted to say, the process was quick and painless.  Anyway, speech was there throughout the installation, and started, as I chose, on the installed system.  If you want more control of the process, and how your installed system will work at start, choose the manual option at the beginning of the installer's routine.

HTH,

Dave  H.

Sent from my Lenovo Thinkpad, running Slint GNU/Linux.  https://slint.fr