From: Vsevolod Popov via orca-list
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 12:10 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Accessible linux system for a MacOS user

Hello everyone,

So,

I am a beginner in linux, but i work a lot with the MacOS and windows, recently with macOS.

I use terminal a lot, so I don’t think that using a linux system will be a big issue for me.

Question:

What Linux operating system can you recommend according to these things?

I know that it is better not to use ubuntu and debian because the accessibility services such as Orca have an old version there and it is not recommended to use it because of that.

The same thing is with Debian as far as I understand.

I don’t have any issues with windows and MacOS screen readers.

So what linux destributive can you recommend that has a new orca installed and it is better to start with?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Vsevolod