Re: [orca-list] Minimal Linux Version

Going off of the CLI only idea, would something like a very lightweight WM and apps work?

I've a minimal Arch install, so not Debian but IIRC it's around 300-500MB, so about twice the size you're after. However that's due to me installing a WM and accessibility stuff on my install because I simply can't do everything I need from CLI.

However...would a flash drive work, even a 1GB one if this minimal distro was installed on it? I'm struggling to think of much that'll get under the 250mb limit without going all the way down to stuff like TinyCore or going ultra, ultra lean. I don't hav the Arch numbers to hand on what a minimal install is with alsa-utils/espeakup and nothing else added on comes out to vs a minimal Debian install however, but I'm also not sure on how best to pare Debian down to get where you want it to be