[orca-list] Unable to use Liblouis braille tables with orca

Hello,

I am unable to use any Liblouis table in orca.

It doesn’t matter what table I switch to, still the Russian computer brltty table is active.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Install Liblouis.
  2. Open Orca preferences
  3. Navigate to braille tab
  4. Check the enable contracted braille checkbox.
  5. Choose U.S. English grade 2 table in the combo box or any other table.
  6. Press ok.

Expected result:

The selected braille table should start working after the OK button press. In the case with U.S. English grade 2 table the contractions should be visible instead of a regular 8 dot braille.

Actual result:

Inspite of the Liblouis table is selected in Orca’s settings, the Russian computer brltty table is still activated (in my case) and never changed.

Ubuntu-mate 21.10, Orca from master, brltty 6.3, Liblouis tables are compiled from master.

The debug file can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gUaaNUjuoT353DCH5wo8WqsnS7tzpe99/view?usp=sharing

Aleksandr Epaneshnikov also reported this issue before.

I would really appreciate the fix of this issue, because we can start using a better made Russian Liblouis computer braille table and other tables also.

Thank you!

--
Best regards,
Vsevolod