Re: [orca-list] Configuring Orca on the logon screen

On 4/12/21 17:48, Brandt Steenkamp via orca-list wrote:
I know I've asked this a little while back, but haven't had any luck, either figuring it out myself, or getting help.

I am using the Vocalizer South African English voice on my desktop, and would also like to replace Espeak on the logon screen with this.

How would I do this?

Try copying your Orca preference files (everything under ~/.local/share/orca) to the corresponding directory for your login application, e.g., /var/lib/gdm/.local/share/orca

Then change the ownership to the correct user, e.g., chown -R gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm/.local/share/orca