[orca-list] Getting to the boot menu to install Linux

Has anyone who is Totally Blind found a practical way of getting to the boot menu of a computer to boot any
distribution of Linux live without having a Sighted person around?
I come across this problem when I buy a  computer and try to install Linux. It seems to be a problem even
when purchasing a computer from Linux hardware suppliers and so far I have only gone down that route once. It
is not an issue specific to Linux as I think to even do a Windows install from scratch you can’t even boot
from Windows media without having to change it to boot from a USB or DVD.
I ironically know that F2 brings up the menu because I have had Sighted assistance to hand.
This is before I can load Orca.
I actually do have a sighted partner but she is not always with me as we currently need a place adapted for
the both of us and she doesn’t use computers yet.

Sent from my iPhone