Re: [orca-list] Orca stops speaking in some cases

On 11/8/21 1:57 am, Milton via orca-list wrote:
I just want to mention that \Orca stops in 2 situations, it happens randomly and I had to restart Orca by pressing Alt+F2 > orca -r

1. when closing gedit with Alt+F4.

2. when in LibreOffice Calc in a cell autocompletion starts.

I have a case similar to (1), but it only occurs under the MATE desktop environment - not GNOME 40. Closing Chromium with Alt-F4 and then using Alt-Tab to attempt to switch to a different application is enough to generate a Python traceback and to leave Orca unresponsive. The only work-around I found at that point is to open Orca settings with Insert-Space, whereupon it manages to recover. Closing Chromium and then moving straight to the desktop avoids the issue.

I need to collect debugging details and write a proper report. My only purpose in this message is to note that it's somewhat similar to your first case, but easily reproduced.