Re: [orca-list] Desktop environment note

About Mate accessibility... I was messing around with a VirtualBox virtual machine at work last week and somehow, the volume on my desktop kept getting set to zero. But I knew that there is a sequence of keystrokes to get to the volume control. So I just kept setting the volume back until I got the virtual machine working. BTW, the sequence of keystrokes is alt+F1, s, enter, s, enter Then you can press the left and right arrows to adjust the volume.

As I write, it occurs to me that while I think it's pretty cool how easy it is to adjust the volume in Mate, it probably could be even easier. A good accessibility feature might be to make something like alt+F7 decrease volume and alt+F8 increase volume.

In fact, maybe there's some way I don't even know of.