[orca-list] Virt-Manager / Qemu / KVM - Only Key Echo?

I recently installed Kali linux on virt-manager. I installed using the speech synthesis option and the screen reader worked throughout the entire installation. It now appears that I can access the virtual machine, but I am having trouble getting feedback.

Key echo works, but that’s it. I only hear what I type and no other feedback or response. An example is pressing alt and F1 repeats Alt F1,but it doesn’t announce the menu that comes up. I know the menu came up because I had a sighted friend tell me it did. Any ideas why I can only get key echo and nothing else?

Would appreciate any help!

Thank you,

-Reece O’Bryan
C: (502)-827-3724
1645 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862

thing in this email is the opinion of myself and does not reflect that of any organization or company I am affiliated with.

This email is confidential and if you weren’t the intended recipient  them please destroy this immediately.