[orca-list] GTK4 accessibility support

Hello,

During GTK4 development cycle accessibility development has also been mentioned on several occassions.

I understood that ATK is no longer part of the whole accessibility stack and GTK4 should interface to at-spi similar how QT5 does it.

With gnome 40 some GTK4 based apps start to appear in the distro packaging. For example I am on arch linux and I have noticed gnome-chess is packaged against GTK4.

Also gnome-shell is packaged against GTK4.

While gnome shell is accessible the same way it used to be in gnome 3.38 gnome-chess is not accessible at all. I know it's a game and it should not be fully accessible however at least main window frame should be reported to orca when focusing its window.

Also gtk4-demo and gtk4-demo-application are completelly inaccessible when running them with orca and at-spi2-core on arch linux.

There are very few GTK4 exclusive applications however they will appear sooner rather than later I believe.

I assume this might be either packaging or configuration issue.

Questions:

Should both GTK3 and GTK4 apps be accessible within a single user session?

How can I debug this and make GTK4 based apps accessible to orca here?

Greetings

Peter