Re: [orca-list] Script to interact with Orca

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021, Glenn K0LNY wrote:

If I'm understanding what they want to be done, then I was too wondering why
they don't connect to the TTS instead of the screenreader.
Like in windows, you would use the built in TTS that is found in control
panel, not Jaws or NVDA.

The reason why you want the screen reader to speak stuff, apart from any considerations like Braille, is that you want to be able to shut it up. If the screen reader is doing the speaking, you can hit the control key or whatever to stop it. If the TTS is being used directly, you can't shut it up unless the application itself provides a way to do it.

Cheers,
Geoff.