Re: [orca-list] Sylpheed and Orca

If Seamonkey works on Stormux, it will work on a Raspberry Pi. Your only problem may be finding it in the Raspbian repositories. There used to be a version called iceape, but I don't know that they use that now. I'm having trouble finding deb packages for either Seamonkey or Iceape available for the Raspberry Pi. If it does exist somewhere, you can add the repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list, or just download the package and install it using gdebi.

Last time I tried, I couldn't use Sylpheed or Clawsmail, which I believe is based on Sylpheed. I had various problems with both, most notably, I couldn't read the currently selected message. This seems to be a running theme among GTK email clients unfortunately. Your best bet, once the new release is out, may be Evolution, as they fixed the bug that was frustrating me the most quite recently in the master git branch. SO the message browser, which got stuck on the message headers, now should focus on the body when opening a message.

~Kyle