Re: [orca-list] OCR in Orca?

Hello,

OCRDesktop uses tesseract through tesserwrap under the hood.

It only works under X (not wayland) and handles the whole window not parts of the web page as proposed in the original message.

But still, it's working great and it's awesome, I am using it regularly.

For example I was able to install Windows in a VM by using it before Microsoft has added narrator support to the install media.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 14. 9. 2020 o 13:40 J.G napísal(a):
and what about tesseract engine
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/

regards,
Jožef

Hello,

Are yo aware of OCRDesktop by Chrys?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ocrdesktop

It's great and works very well.

Perhaps for the future it should be more tightly integrated however there
are security and conveniece issues to consider that I think are not trivial
to solve.

For me it's very usefull even at this point.

Greetings

Peter