Re: [orca-list] Accessible Rolling Release Distro

I have also found installing Arch very straight forward, so I'm a bit
befuddled by what the problem might be. In fact I did an install on a
mew machine just earlier this summer using an iso image from:

https://talkingarch.info/

Note there's another Arch installer with Speakup here:

https://tarch.org/

The biggest complication I can think of is networking. If you use a
wired connection, things should proceed smoothly. If you try to use
wifi, things can get complicated quickly.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I maintained a howto install Fedora
using Speakup document. That process was far more complicated than the
process of installing Arch today, imo.

My bottom line on this topic -- If Arch is too hard, stick to one of the
spins that provides a functioning desktop off the DVD or USB stick.
Mostly, these support copying the working environment to a fixed disk.

Example: You can get a functioning Debian from grml.org rescue
environment to install to a fixed disk. Of course that doesn't provide
Orca and a graphical desktop.

Best,

Janina

Orca screen reader developers writes:
   Yes a few years ago when arch uses the setup tool it was easy

   Skickades från [1]E-post för Windows 10