[orca-list] The latest accessible version of XBoard chess

Hi everyone,
as one of my interests is chess and board games in general, I've
searched for an accessible chess program to play with.
I've found a discussion regarding making XBoard, the base of Winboard
accessible on Linux, an I saw it was succesful.
But the orca-list archive is... quite hard to navigate, especially with
Orca reading every single page element.
Thus I am not sure, what is the current status of the project, and
where to get the last accessibility patch with build instructions.
Could someone please point me to the right place? I thought the initial
goal was to make the app accessible just out of the box, but after
installing the last version from Ubuntu repository, it doesn't seem to
be the case.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Rastislav