Re: [orca-list] Best practices to run Windows in Gnome Boxes

Hi Vladyslav,
Okay I don't use gnome any more but the approach should work in gnome as
well.

My setup to run braille in windows  and linux is as follows:
1. Run Linux on the host
2. use qemu/kvm with brlapi support  to virtualize your windows
3. In windows activate braille support (brllty)
4. Use nvda as your favorite Screenreader :-).

This way braille Support works fine for me.
HTH.
Halim

Hi all,

using Gnome Boxes to run Windows in conjunction with Orca seams to work quite nicely, but there are some issues:

So for example some key commands like key pad navigation are caught  by Orca, the changes of the Boxes window state is a bit confusing. It's not always possible to switch the braille display connection onto the virtual machine.

Are there some suggestions how to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance!

Vladyslav