[orca-list] Say all and punctuation

Hello all,

Apologies if this information exists somewhere butI haven't found it yet in list archives or the wiki-at least not in a form that is current and clear to me.

I would like to have the following behavior:

When using say all with punctuation set to all, I would like to hear punctuation such as |, <, > and ^.

With orca 3.36.1 and the voice settings of voice type-default, speech system-speech dispatcher, speech synthesizer-default synthesizer, language-en, person-default; none of the punctuation mentioned above is spoken.

Is this a normal behavior for the punctuation all setting?

If so, howcan I get these punctuation signs spoken during say all?

If not, any suggestions on how to fix this?

Is it an issue with the synthesizer, speech dispatcher, or orca? Some older threads make me believe it may be any or all of the three.

Apologies again if I have missed the answer to these questions somewhere.

Thank you in advance!

Sally