Re: [orca-list] The most accessible linix version to use with Orca?

Ubuntu Mate doesn't do anything with Orca. Does regular Ubuntu?

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 1:12 PM Alex ARNAUD via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:
Indeed, Debian doesn't modify Orca.

Le 17/03/2020 à 20:08, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
ubuntu certainly fails here, the developers locked down orca
configuration attaching it to gsettings and making it impossible to
configure inside orca.  I don't know if debian did the same thing,
probably not since debian has a more active accessibility list and such
a change would have come up in messages on that list.

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Daniel McGee via orca-list wrote:

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 14:38:33
From: Daniel McGee via orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] The most accessible linix version to use with Orca?

Hello everyone, I'm a new  member here.

I have an old laptop laying around which contains windows Vista on it. I believe it to be a 32bit machine but am not fully sure.

I wanted to know, which versions of linix are currently active in development and contain good Orca screen reader support?

Please be kind and considerate, as this is a new operating system which I'm exploring and I don't have all the technical know how of how linix and orca work. I have used windows in the past with jaws and NVDA. Also, have used Mac with voiceover too. Am currently back to using windows 10 at present.   Forgot to mention that I use IOS too. So am not completely computer illiterate.

Any help with Linix recommendations with the Orca screen reader to be used on this older laptop would be vastly appreciated!

Thank you for reading and I look forward to receding your answers and follow up questions.

Regards

Daniel