[orca-list] What happened to Java access bridge for Gnome?

Hi folks,
I have some apps here, which are made in Java and because the
environment seems to be inaccessible, I've been looking for the reason.
I've found out, that Java access bridge for Gnome is more than a decade
old, and some packages to compile it aren't even available for newer
Ubuntus.
Does someone know, what has happened to this project? On Windows, after
release 2.0, jab has merged with Java, in the same timepoint as jab for
Linux seems to have stopped its development.
So, the question is, is it really abandonned, or am I just missing
something?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Rastislav