Re: [orca-list] Orca not entering focus mode

A proper title on the web page not the form.  Entry into the form
probably ought to happen by means of a control too.

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, John J. Boyer wrote:

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 20:58:19
From: John J. Boyer <john boyer abilitiessoft org>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca not entering focus mode

What do you mean by putting a proper title on the form?

John

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 12:36:11PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Maybe put a proper title on that form orca reads first when the page
opens.

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:27:07
From: John J. Boyer <john boyer abilitiessoft org>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Orca not entering focus mode

Hello,

I am developing a web  page which has a form. It is very simple at the moment. The form is the first
thing that the browser encounters. The browser recognizes the
<input part of the form and puts the cursor there, but
Orca doesn't enter focus mode. If I try to type something the letters are treated as Orca instructions
instead of being entered into the <input field. How do I
get around this?

Thanks,
John