[orca-list] OT: Onslaught, Linux Asteroids-inspired audio game, seeking testers

Hey folks. Apologies for this off-topic message, and I won't send another on this topic nor will I continue the thread here. But since there are so few audio games for Linux, I wanted to toss out a quick plug for my project. I have a mailing list and Matrix room set up for future announcements, and will send those there. But starting a community from scratch is hard, and I figure some of you would be interested in this.

I've created Onslaught, an audio-only, Asteroids-like shooter. Supported platforms include Linux X86 64-bit, among others, and I'm currently seeking beta testers. I'm not quite ready to throw the gates open wide yet, but Linux audio gaming is probably niche enough that I can seek testers and not be overwhelmed with bug reports. :) Linux distribution is done via itch.io, so you'll need an Itch account to participate.

For those of you more developer-oriented, I've also done quite a bit of work writing a screen reader for the Godot game engine. This makes the Godot editor moderately usable for building games, and also helps make game UIs accessible on Linux, Windows, Xbox One, and Android. Other platforms like MacOS/iOS should theoretically work, but I don't have the hardware to verify that. This is kind of like the accessible Unity plugin for those of you who have played Unity games on Windows/Android/iOS, except open source, and supporting game creation in addition. Note that editor support is rough, and I'm not able to do much coaching on how to develop with it.

Anyhow, learn about the game and apply to test here:

https://lightsout.games/onslaught

And if you're interested in future efforts, which again won't be discussed here, check out this link for the mailing list/chat:

https://lightsout.games/community

Thanks for reading.