Re: [orca-list] Whose issue is this? Tabs present as spaces in latest code-insiders.

This is confirmed.

On 7/28/20 11:31 AM, Nolan Darilek wrote:
As of the middle of last week, I believe code-insiders bumped to Electron 9. Shortly on or around that day. I noticed Orca presenting tabs (I.e. \t) as spaces. So lines with two actual tab characters presented as "2 spaces <text of line>". This is a bit confusing, since I work in a number of languages, and each has default format conventions which use either spaces or tabs. The exact same version of Orca behaves fine under stable VSCode.

Wondering if something changed in later Chromium versions that determines how spaces and tabs are presented? It certainly isn't a showstopper, but I think it is significant enough that it should be flagged somewhere--any Orca users working with languages using \t for tabs should probably be aware that code-insiders will behave oddly.

Thanks.