Re: [orca-list] Does Orca use SSML tags other than speak and mark?

Hello,

Rastislav Kiss via orca-list, le sam. 18 juil. 2020 00:59:22 +0200, a ecrit:
I'd like to ask, does Orca use SSMl tags other than speak and mark when
sending messages to speech dispatcher?

You can see that in speechdispatcherfactory.py: only <speak>, <mark>,
and &lt;, &gt;, &amp; are used currently (and &quot; and &apos; will be
used sooner or later).

Is this situation likely to change in future?

Possibly. Actually, your very mention of english vs mandarin raises
the question of multilingualization. Orca should be able to get from
the application the language of the text, and consequently tell
speech-dispatcher which synthesis to be used. For text containing
several languages, the language SSML tag would then be useful.

I've made my own speech-dispatcher module, which doesn't contain speech
synthesis on its own, but which is able to load other sd modules and
after receiving text to speak, split it to parts written in various
alphabets, including latin and chinese and send the respective parts in
right time to right engine according to configuration.

That's interesting, that would probably be useful to some extent.

Samuel