Re: [orca-list] Label versus name

Does the accessible name show up in Accerciser?

--joanie

On 1/28/20 4:16 PM, Marc Sabatella wrote:
I'm not clear on what the expected semantics are between label and name for an accessible control like a spinbox, but it appears Orca is *supposed* to read the label if present, the name if not.  But as far as I can tell, for spinboxes at least, this isn't happening - if the label is missing, nothing is read even if there is a name.  Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding something or doing something wrong?

Also - really, I'd generally rather have the name read - the label might require additional visual context to make sense (although I recognize I can connect multiple labels).  It looks like maybe there is some facility override some internal function to control which takes precedence, but I can't quite work out how to make this happen.

--
Marc Sabatella
marc outsideshore com <mailto:marc outsideshore com>