Re: [orca-list] any progress expected on Impress accessibility?

Sorry if this is a stupid observation, but are you sure your distro packages are the latest Libre Office?

I've actually stopped using distro packages for components about whose accessibility I'm more interested, because they often either lag behind significantly or include broke-ass opinionated fixes (I.e. Ubuntu's changing of Orca settings storage that makes it incompatible with official builds.)

As an alternative, I've found Flatpak/Flathub to be fairly up-to-date WRT modern GNOME and QT apps. You do have to add some global overrides for accessibility, but once those are in place, you've got access to the latest Libre Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc. all installable into your home directory or system-wide and integrated with your desktop.

I don't know specifically about your LO issues, but I wouldn't take it as a given that Ubuntu 18.04 ships the latest, or that it hasn't broken accessibility in some way you may not know about.