Re: [orca-list] Google chrome and orca

Orca seems to work under python 3.6, having some other problems with
speech dispatcher and a gnome problem which I will post about in
another thread.

On Sat, 01 Feb 2020 15:11:54 -0500,
Andy Borka via orca-list wrote:

[1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
[1.1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Hi,

You can install python 3.7 even if you use 3.6 for other projects. Orca can
use 3.7 or 3.8 by giving it the python version during autoconf.

From in the source repository, type:

PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3.7 ./autogen.sh
sudo make
sudo make install

Then restart Orca. Everything should work from that point. Make sure you
install python3.7 first though.