[orca-list] VoiceOVer Style Cursor

Hello All,

I’m wondering how easy it would be to extend Orca to have the style of blinking cursor VoiceOver uses on the Mac and iOS. What I’m referring to is probably best described as follows: Orca/NVDA/JFW always display the character to the right of the blinking cursor in text fields when using the arrow keys, whereas VoiceOver speaks the character the cursor “jumps over” when using the arrow keys.

I propose that Orca could have an option to toggle between cursor modes like voiceOver does on the Mac. Voiceover's setting is called "When moving the cursor” and has two modes: "Speak text the cursor passes” and "Speak text to the right of the cursor”.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Warm regards,
Alex

Alex Jurgensen,
I wear many hats!

President and Independent Living Skills Instructor
Camp Bowen Society for the Independence of the Blind and Deafblind

Fostering independence Through Friendship

www.campbowen.ca

+1 (604) 947-0021
+1 (844) MYBOWEN (692-6936)

Direct extension: 102