Re: [orca-list] KDE Plasma Launcher "Kickoff" makes progress in accessibility

Howdy sonfire11,

well, the biggest showstoppers are currently:
- some pages of KCM (KDE Configuration Module) are not accessible
- there is no Accessibility switcher to move between the different container / Widgets ( i currently work on some drafts here) - but the plasmoids can have an shortcut to get the focus. bad thing is you need to get into the settings to set the shortcut (as those are not bound by default)
- the notifications are not accessible yet
- yea, well, the main menu. but this is like noted implemented and needs to get merged. i assume it arrives with plasma 5.21 - some widgets (like the network widget) need some love as they are not keyboard navigate able ( i work on that, i already fixed it for the clipboard manager)

Most of the stuff seems to be very easy to fix :).

so its not on level like gnome or mate (what is in fact the old gnome, and got touched by accessibility a lot more early) but thinks are coming along slowly but steady ;).

i would not recommend it for full time usage, for that, there are too much missing parts IMO. but if you are an early adopter, with some technical knowledge, or even a developer, the KDE guys are really friendly and helpful for fixing issues in accessibility you report them or help you get things fixed. KDE currently migrates to gitlab, what should be ways more accessible than the current used phabricator...

cheers chrys