Re: [orca-list] Please test master

09.12.2020 18:01, Joanmarie Diggs пишет:
Hey all.

I just removed a workaround in Orca master that potentially can impact
all applications. We're early enough in the release cycle that I feel
comfortable making this change -- as long as we get lots of testing.

As for what changed:

Until now, Orca was not using AT-SPI2's cache for accessible children.
The reason why is because applications and toolkits have historically
not been very good about emitting children-changed events when objects
were added or removed. But not using this cache comes at a cost:
performance. Those of you who noticed how much more performant Orca
became with Chromium after I starting using the AT-SPI2 cache for
accessible parents might be able to appreciate the difference.

Unfortunately, using the cache *might* come at a cost: stale trees due
to applications/toolkits failing to emit those needed events. That's
why we need testing: to catch those offenders. When we find an
offender, hopefully we can get them to fix their bug. If we cannot, we
can add a more targeted workaround so non-offending apps/toolkits can
be more performant.

Anyhoo, please let me know what you find. Thanks!
--joanie
hm i see a problem in mate-terminal.
1. run info: read top node.
2. press h for tutorial; for me text is garbled. lines too short or mismatched.

--
Sincerely, Alexander.