[orca-list] Did anyone try to run Linux on Android with Orca?

Hi folks,

no, I'm not drunk. :) A new schoolyear is just about to start, and I had to think about how I'm dragging a whole school bag with me every day just because of my laptop, and especially, how I will drag my beloved computer in school from place to place, as we no longer work as one class, but everyone has to follow his subjects into particular rooms.

So, I was thinking, whether it would be possible to decrease the size a bit and thus increase portability.

My first thought was about devices such as Raspberry pi, but soon I got an idea. Why to the heck should I be building my own minicomputer, with all the stuff needed, when I already have one with storage, a good ram and decent battery? Yes, technically, my smartphone meets all requirements for a minicomputer, which would be small and thus very portable. Plus, carying a $200 machine on public seems... kind of safer than walking around with more expensive laptop plus that $200 phone, which I need anyway, even though I always forget it at home.

I've found an article briefly describing running a full installation of Ubuntu alongside Android with Linux Deploy:

https://www.androidauthority.com/install-ubuntu-on-your-android-smartphone-765408/

It requires root, but that shouldn't be a big issue. My goal would probably be to setup LXDe with either Ubuntu or Debian. I'm not expecting it to run machine learning experiments, if it manages taking simple text notes from classes, it will cover most of my requirements. If it will be able to run Rust compiler, mono compiler and Python, I would be really happy, and if it manages to run Sagemath, what will be most likely rather a question of space than computing resources, I could say, that i can't wish more.

A small foldable bluetooth keyboard in combination with a superpowerbank and the phone with running Linux in a small, practical shoulder bag should create a cheap, portable, but still powerful device.

But while some people seem to really use similar concepts for their work, the question is, whether this would work from accessibility point of view. Did anyone try something similar? Was it usable?

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work, if the keyboard and sound is properly handled. But there could be some hidden issues, so I'm rather asking first. :)

Best regards

Rastislav