Re: [orca-list] ot ssh and accessibility

Hello,

When I am looking for hosts running SSH on my network with nmap, I'm doing it like this:

nmap -p 22 192.168.1.0/24

where 192.168.1.0/24

is my network IP range in cidr notation.

It quickly probes all the addresses in this range for open SSH ports and it's very fast.

By knowing your network you will be able to detect a new device easily I think.

If you don't know your network well enough then you can run further probes against devices you are unsure about.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 16. 8. 2020 o 21:39 Alex ARNAUD via orca-list napísal(a):
Hello Pavel,

If you know the host name of the device you can try:
ssh DEVICENAME.local
(Try with the .local suffix or without)

Best regards.