Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher library for C#?

Hi, Rastislav:

The thinking is in progress even as we discuss it. It's not finished, so
there's plenty enough time to influence the outcome. And, implementation
is a very important consideration in that process.

W3C rules require that before any specification can become a formal
recommendation of the W3C there must be at least two independent
implementations for each and every feature specified by the standard.
This is a very strict requirement.

hth

Janina

Orca screen reader developers writes:
Hello,
wow, thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know that someone was
thinking about creating MathML 4.
As a developer, I can tell, that MathML is surely messy, very messy.
But that's because mathematical notation itself is messy, so its no
wonder that its electronical form isn't any better.
I'm thus curious, what did they think out, and how hard would it
possibly be to implement.

Best regards

Rastislav
vV Sobota,  1. august 2020 o 16:26 -0400, Janina Sajka napísal(a):
Ah, I missed this very important detail about mathematics! Sorry.

Now that I'm aware, let me also suggest there is current activity in
W3C
on enhancing access to mathematics via MathML, including work that
might
lead to better TTS performance in speaking mathematical expressions
(or
chemical formulae, etc.). You might be interested and it's easy to
join
because it's a W3C Community Group effort lead by Neil Soiffert,
formerly of Design Science. The web page is here:

https://www.w3.org/community/mathml4/

And the Pronunciation specification work is in this W3C Task Force
here:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/pronunciation/

I invite you to check these out as some of the leading work on making
math and scientific notation accessible today.

Janina

Orca screen reader developers writes:
Hello Nikita,
wow! I didn't have an idea that such mailing lists even exist in
first
place. :D
I guess I should invest more time into searching these communities,
as
they will most likely have more potential users to communicate
with.

Best regards

Rastislav
V Piatok,  31. júl 2020 o 15:28 +0300, Nikita via orca-list
napísal(a):
Hi Rastislav,
There are several mailing lists for blind mathematicians and
other
scientists.
It makes sense to announce your MathML project there.
1. The list for blind mathematicians
Posting blindmath nfbnet org
Subscription blindmath-request nfbnet org?subject=subscribe
2. The List for Blind social scientists
Posting social-sciences-list nfbnet org
Subscription social-sciences-list-request nfbnet org?subject=subs
crib
3. The list for blind users of the R (there is a large
concentration
of statisticians)
Posting blindrug nfbnet org
Subscription blindrug-request nfbnet org?subject=subscribe
Best regards, Nikita.