Re: [orca-list] Interesting issue panning braille display in Gnome-Terminal

Howdy,

I can confirm this. But its a while since my girlfriend used braille here.

Cheers chrys

Am 26.04.2020 um 02:16 schrieb Jason White via orca-list <orca-list gnome org>:

GNOME-terminal if the length of the text line exceeds that of the braille display (i.e., it won't pan right
to show the remainder of the line, but it will move to the next line if the current line is short enough).

Steps to reproduce:

1. With a 40-cell braille display, under GNOME-Terminal, start a Python interpreter.

2. Run the following:

print("-"*40)

3. Move the braille display to the output line, and press the right panning button. The display moves to
the following line correctly (i.e., the Python prompt).

4. Repeat the above with a string length longer than the width of the braille display (e.g., 60). Pressing
the right panning button has no effect.

I have Orca configured not to split words between braille lines, and with contracted braille enabled. This
also occurs if there are spaces on the line (i.e., a line of regular text - such as a manual page).

Debugging output can be supplied, as requested.