Re: [orca-list] gnome-shell going silent

Do you have any prospect of upgrading?

3.28.4 is rather old now.

On 4/25/20 7:42 PM, peter rayner via orca-list wrote:
Or at least I think it's gnome-shell.
This is with orca master, gnome-shell 3.28.4 on ubuntu 18.04-LTS and
using the lightdm display manager.
Logging in is pleasantly chatty.
On successfully logging in I hear "screen reader on" then silence.
alt-f2 doesn't echo or speak characters when I arrow over them.
Applications once started are fine.
things like ctrl-alt-tab which should bring up the top bar is silent
though sighted assistance says it's there. alt-tab between
applications *does* say something e.g. "emacs frame dummy text panel".
steps to reproduce
start up system, should hear from the greeter
log in
after a time system says "screen reader on"
type alt-f2 and some characters.
left-arrow back over said characters,
As I write this it doesn't sound much like an orca problem but rather
something going odd with gnome-shell. Has anyone seen this?
Any pointers where I should look?
thanks in advance
Peter