[orca-list] Perkify - a blind-friendly virtual machine

I've put together a first cut at Perkify, a blind-friendly virtual machine.
Based on Ubuntu Linux, Vagrant, and VirtualBox, Perkify contains about 2500
open source packages, mostly installed via Debian's APT suite.  It can run
on most 64-bit Intel platforms (e.g, running Linux, macOS, or Windows).

Once VirtualBox and Vagrant are installed, all of the system administration
and operation can be performed via a keyboard.  The VM can be accessed via
HTTP, SSH, etc.  It can also have synchronized access to directories on the
host system.  In short, it's a bit like having a well-furnished workshop
just down the hall.

If this effort sounds intriguing, please check out the project web pages:

   https://tinyurl.com/Perkify-Intro
   https://tinyurl.com/Perkify-Packages

Status

Most of the packages should Just Work.  However, the a11y-related packages
need to be tested and will probably need some configuration and/or porting.
There are also several programs which I left out (e.g., because they lack
APT installation packages for Ubuntu "cisco").  For details, see:

   https://tinyurl.com/Perkify-Issues

Because this is a very early release, I'd like to have folks read over my
web pages and try making my instructions work.  Knowledge of the underlying
technology (eg, APT, Ubuntu, Vagrant, VirtualBox) shouldn't be needed;
indeed, it could get in the way of detecting poor instructions.

I particularly need feedback about how well the installers (etc.) work with
various screen readers.  If a blind person can't even install Perkify, it
isn't going to be much use to them!  Once I get past those sorts of issues,
I'll want to find out which of the packages need better configuration, etc.

More generally, as a sighted developer, I need feedback on the project's
goals, approach, and current behavior.  And, if the project seems promising
(or at least interesting) to you, I'd love to have some help...

-r