Re: [orca-list] Pre-testing of Orca with Chromium/Chrome

Hi,
I agree with Janina. Great work.
Thx!!!!
Regards
Halim

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 02:07:44PM -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Thanks Janina!

Your message made my day -- and quite possibly my year. :)

--joanie

On 11/23/19 1:50 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:
Joanie:

I've played with it for 5 minutes and I'm blown away. I just booked my
paratransit ride for tomorrow, logged into my Google Calendar, that's
about it so far.

It's so fast!

I'd swear it's faster than any browser on any OS, and I've got a few OS
hanging around here, all pretty current stuff.

If truth be told, My Linux machine is my oldest computer, 2012 vintage.
But Chromium plus Orca is faster than anything on Mac or Windows, and
those are newer machines.

Just my two cents (American). Thank you for this awesome gift.

Janina

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
Hey all.

There are still some significant issues that need to be fixed in
Chromium/Chrome. But enough people have been asking me about testing, so I
wrote up a wiki page for people who are going to test even though I keep
saying we're not quite ready. <grins>

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca/Chromium

As you'll see there, you need the very latest Orca from master and a
super-recent version of Chrome/Chromium. You'll need some command line
switches too. I've also summarized some key known issues at the bottom of
that page.

Lastly, as you'll see on that page, you are *strongly* encouraged to
double-check that the Chrome/Chromium issue you are about to report to me is
not an issue in Firefox. If it's an issue in both, I should address it, but
we want to get Chrome/Chromium ready for all Orca users to try, and that
means focusing the time I have on Chrome/Chromium.

Thanks!
--joanie