Re: [orca-list] Hard Drive Suggestions?

I've been running Linux and Orca as my main operating system and screen reader since 2010, and I've never had a hard drive failure in that time frame. My laptops have been Asus or HP, and I'm still using rotary drives. I also don't have issues with Orca shutting down. I can't see how Orca would drive IO activity unless we're talking about very little memory and the swap has to keep kicking in, although again, I'd think other applications would use more real memory then Orca. It isn't like Orca has an off screen model, which I think would require a lot of memory in screen readers that use that technology.