Re: [orca-list] Strange behavior when using the role attribute in websites

When a page loads, Orca looks to see if the author (or browser) has
placed focus in a focus-mode (i.e. web application gui) object or form
input. A toolbar is a web application gui object. It is assumed that if
the author has placed you automatically inside of a toolbar, then the
associated web application will be providing the navigation. As a
result, Orca puts you in focus mode.

A question back at you: Why are you putting users inside a toolbar if
you want screen readers to treat it like textual content?

--joanie