Re: [orca-list] spotify clients

Hi,

On Thu, June 20, 2019 10:38 pm, Arkadiusz Kozioł wrote:
Does somebody know which application to spotify is accessible with orca?

You can use the Logitech Mediaserver and its Spotify plugin.

The Logitech Mediaserver is a software for different operating systems.
Its a web application and you can use the browser to manage the playback
of your music. You can play local files, but there is also a plugin for
Spotify, Qbuz, Tidal, Deezer and much more.

To play music from Spotify on your local machine you have todo the following:

* Install the Logitech mediaserver. The current version can be downloaded
here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9
* After the installation open the following URL in your browser to
configure the server: http://localhost:9000
* Activate the Spotty plugin in the settings section to use your premium
Spotify account, enter your username and password, eg.g.

When the server is configured, you also have to install a player that
works with the Logitech Mediaserver. A software player, which is also
working on different platforms, is squeezelite. Install squeezelite either
via the package manager of your linux system or download it from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezelite/

After squeezelite is installed you have to start it and after a few
seconds it will show up in Logitech Mediaserver as a player.

Now you can start playing music via Spotify by searching the titles or
artists or playlists you want to listen to via the web interface of
Logitech Mediaserver or even with your smartphone after an app, which can
connect to your Logitech Mediaserver, has been installed.

Logitech Mediaserver is a great software with many possibilities. Its open
source and it has a big community which is always helpfull. There is a
webforum where you can get support, but there are also many mailinglists
wich are in sync with the forum and which can be found here:
http://lists.slimdevices.com

I use the software since years and I have not found anything better to
listen to music from online services on my linux box, but also at home
with different hardware players, my smartphone, e.g. Installation and
configuration might be a bit tricky and complicated first, but when it
runs it is great and as said, the community is always helpfull....

Cheers,

  Schoepp