[orca-list] Fwd: Speech modules

I forward to the list this message that James sent me privately, as
someone knowing Ubuntu could certainly be more helpful than me.

If I understand well, James, you are running speechd-up on the
console? Then why does it rely on espeak rather that espeak-ng, as
does Orca? Did you set it as DefaultModule in speechd.conf or
running spd-conf? If the answer is yes, try to replace it by
espeak-ng.