Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 19.04: configure orca to load at startup

Hi Pranav,

I do not use a desktop but out of curiosity I installed Ubuntu 19.04 on a laptop. Orca is doing fine.
Make sure your desktop produces sound?
I noticed something that may be worth to try. with the advices of Peter and Samuel I use xrandr to shut down
the monitor. I execute the command:
xrandr --output <name-of-display> --off
the monitor shuts down, a sighted person has checked for me.
Then Orca was also silent for the biggest part. My sighted assistant could not be of any help because the
monitor stayed black.

So I installed the Mate-desktop with:
sudo apt install mate-desktop-environment-core mate-desktop-environment

and I swith to the Mate-desktop. After I turned the monitor off Orca keeps working! To complete my
experience, I turn on the monitor with:
xrandr --output <name-of-the-display> --auto
Milton