Re: [orca-list] How do you run orca without installing it

Hello,

If what you meant is not to run "make install" then I also would like to
know. Anyway here's what I do to test an orca release

when you build it, use a prefix flag to install it to certain
directory. That way when it's not something you want, you can just wipe
the folder while the existing  orca installation remain untouched.
Example

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/orca-3.25
make
sudo make install

after finishing the last step, orca is installed in /usr/local/orca-3.25
From here on, you can go to /usr/local/orca-3.25/bin and execute orca
binary in it.

/usr/local/orca-3.25/bin/orca --replace  &

Hope that helps

Best Regards
)Kirillov Oleg via orca-list writes:

Hi all,

I just built orca, and want to run it to test its features, but I don't
want to install it. Could you please tell me how I can do it?

With best regards,

Oleg.