Re: [orca-list] Strange speech problem

Samuel Thibault, le ven. 15 févr. 2019 12:57:59 +0100, a ecrit:
Ah, running this again in my normal desktop session, I get the same
issue, I'll dig a bit.

This seems to be due to this inside gtk
(atk_key_event_from_gdk_event_key):

  if (key->string && key->string[0] &&
      (key->state & GDK_CONTROL_MASK ||
       g_unichar_isgraph (g_utf8_get_char (key->string))))
    event->string = key->string;
  else
    event->string = gdk_keyval_name (key->keyval);

I.e. it assumes that when control is used, the litteral control
character should be passed instead of the name of the key.

I don't think we ever want this, since orca brings that back to the key
name by hand already? The git log doesn't provide any rationale for
this, at least.

Samuel